Monday, June 27, 2005

Study Break

In 28 hours I will have written my last final exam and will have officially completed my undergrad. What a scary thought! I don't feel as though I have a degree's worth of knowledge. I feel like I have read many books, written many papers, and sat through many exams, but am not an expert on anything!

I am supposed to be studying, but wanted to take a break and read a few blogs. It seems like everyone had a good (expensive!) time at Renegade Craft Fair. I can only imagine what it would be like to meet and see all that craftiness in person. Maybe next year, while I'll be so close, I will go. Calgary is really lacking anything like Renegade.

We are mere days away from the famous Calgary Stampede. So, seemingly overnight hay bales are appearing everywhere. Men who wear stuffy business suits year around are strolling around in jeans (Wranglers, of course) and Cowboy hats. Soccer moms are trading in their Gap flares for denim dresses and "cute" cowboy boots. The words "Yee Haw" are painted in every store and business window. It is all a bit much for me. I always wonder what people who only visit Calgary during the Stampede must think of our city.

The boyfriend left me alone for a few hours this morning so I could study without distraction. When He came home, he disappeared into the kitchen for a bit and asked me not to come in. I asked him what he was doing, and all he would say was that it was a surprise. Twenty minutes later, he emerged, smiling from ear to ear with homemade fruit salad, served in a hollowed out mini watermelon. It was the sweetest thing I have ever seen. He used all my favorite fruits including fresh pineapple, pear, peaches, oranges, and the watermelon. It was so, so good. I wish I had a camera so I could show you. He doesn't really like doing things in the kitchen. He makes the best scrambled eggs, and can toast bread, but that is about it. So for him to take himself into the kitchen and make something like fruit salad was a little surprising. I'm still happy thinking about it.

Okay...I really need to get back to my very exciting text book. I still need to review the chapter on how we sleep, which I'm hoping doesn't cause to me to drift off.

I'm going to Swift Current, Saskatchewan on Friday for the weekend. I'll try to post before I go, but if I don't, I'll write when I get back.

Love,

Kerry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home