Sunday, June 19, 2005

My Dad

On January 28th 1982, I came into the world and made my dad a father. A lot of events have impacted our relationship but I can firmly say that my relationship with my dad is better today than it has ever been. There have been ups and downs, highs and lows, but also much love and laughter. I love the fingerprints my dad has left on me. I have his eyes, his smile and sense of humor. He gave me my creative side, and my love for all things furry. He gave me my sensitive outlook on the world and my love of Indian food. He continues to inspire me to take risks and find my passion in life, just has he has.

This weekend has been a long one and I am happy to see it come to and end. August is creeping up very quickly, along with "the move." I am getting more and more nervous about leaving Calgary. On one hand, it is very exciting. It is a change, a new place, new people, new experiences. But on the other hand, I feel as though I am giving up a lot here in Calgary. I am so, so sad to leave my friends and family. I have lived in Calgary for 15 years. Calgary has shaped who I am. We dropped the boyfriend's mum off at the airport today (she was visiting from Victoria for the weekend) and I got quite sad. I hate airport good byes, and realized there would be many more in my future. But that is normal, right? Toronto isn't that far away. Only 3450 km from Calgary. 33 hour drive, 4.5 hour flight.

I'm sorry, I'm having an emotional day. Just ask the boyfriend. (He has to put up with a lot sometimes.)

Why don't we talk about something Pretty? (My links are wonky, sorry!) Loobylu.com has some beautiful prints for sale. Her works makes me happy. I could look at it for ages. I would love to spend a day with her in her studio. So inspiring.

My goodness, I'm a sleepy girl. The boyfriend went to bed an hour ago, and I should have followed him. So I will say goodnight and write more tomorrow. I feel like I have a lot to say and don't know where to start.

Love,
Kerry

1 Comments:

Anonymous button said...

HI Kerry, I had a Dad whom I was very close to, he was sort of my 'biggest fan' in a way - so much encouragement, he knew my funny ways of doing things, that I had potential in many areas and wanted me to explore them all ... he was completely accepting of me and always made me want to be a better person. He had a lot of belief in me and was extremely loving and did his best to always be there. I think Dads can have a really special relationship with their daughters, at times less combative than with their Mum's - and I miss my Dad every day (he died when I was 17, almost 11 years ago in July). I am glad that you and your Dad have a strong friendship and love. It's a wonderful thing!

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home