Friday, April 22, 2005

Too Much Information

It's funny, when I started this blog, I thought it would be about my crafting addiction. Instead, it was turned into an online journal. I can't seem to help writing about personal stuff. I guess it's my blog and I can write what I want, right? And my life has been especially hectic lately. So, I'll tell you about the personal stuff, then the crafting. Sound good?

The ex was accepted at the residency in Toronto, so he will be moving away at the end of the summer. I was so, so happy for him, and proud. But I was also deeply saddened. It scares me to think he won't be around. But then I also think it could be the best way to get over him. For the record, continuing to live with your exboyfriend is a bad idea if you want to get over him. I guess I was just having a hard time letting go of the hope that we might get back together. But, as the old cliche goes, Love is not enough. I will love again, and I will be loved again.

In order to help me get over the ex, my parents messy divorce, and to help me figure out what to do with my life, I have been seeing a therapist for a while. She is great, and I truly feel it is benefiting me greatly. She gives me homework to do, and a week ago, she asked me to make a list of 100 "wants"--things I want to do, get, see, have, etc. during my life. One of those wants was to see Willie Nelson in concert. The guy is 73 and won't be around a whole lot longer, so I thought that was kind of a long shot. But, the very next day, I hear on the radio he is doing a show in Calgary, this summer! I was so, so excited. I grew up on Willie. We would listen to him on our family vacation road trips. So many memories. So, on July 18th my dad and I are going to see him. I can't wait. I'll post the other 99 wants soon. Guess how many are related to knitting, sewing, and cooking??

On the knitting front, I have started the minisweater. It is a fun knit, and quite quick. I have already gone through one of five balls of yarn. The best part is that I get to use my lovely stichmarkers from Amyville. I adore them. I have a cup cake, donut, chocolate and a fortune cookie. They are so sweet hanging on my bamboo circulars.
%

2 Comments:

Anonymous button said...

Hey I understand how things can be overwhelming (so many hard things to deal with in life at the moment) and it is very therapuetic to 'write them out,' be it in a paper journal or in an online one ... it's good to know that other people read and care too .. hang in there! A 'wants' list is a great idea, it lets you clear your mind of all that stuff and figure out what's important to you. All the best - keep your chin up! You sound like a positive person :) .. go to that Willie Nelson concert and have a blast!

1:53 AM  
Blogger Melanie.Merritt said...

It's not "too much information" if it helps you process things. I know what it is like to have tough times in life (and I know what it is like to try and get over an ex). Just know that better times are in store for you, and I think I am going to go make a wants list!!

2:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home