Monday, April 18, 2005

I'm at school at the moment, about to hand in my final English paper--ever! (I think.) I am taking a spring session class, and then, at the end of June, I will be an official university graduate. I don't feel grown up enough to be in this position. I really don't have a clue what I'm going to do next. I'm trying to tell myself to relax, and focus on what I enjoy doing. I have a stack of novels I want to read. Has anyone read any of them? Any thoughts?

The Time Traveler's Wife By Audrey Niffenegger
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn By Betty Smith
Anna Karenina By Leo Tolstoy
The Confessions of Max Tivoli By Andrew Sean Greer
Wicked By Gregory Maguire

I'm not sure which one to start with. I also bought You Grow Girl last week. I am very excited about growing herbs and teas on my balcony. It's making me long for summer. I have been craving wearing skirts a lot too. And flip flops. I bought three pairs over the winter.

The ex is in Toronto at the moment. I am really excited about this potential job he is interviewing for. I think he would be really good at it, and would really enjoy it. But I am terrified of him leaving Calgary. I will miss him so much. He asked me to work on a collaboration project for a sculpture class he is taking. He made ceramic handles and I'm going to sew a purse for them. I found this vintage floral fabric that look slightly western. I am excited to have a sewing project. I'm hoping to start tonight, after work. The ex comes home tomorrow and I'm picking him up at the airport. I've looking forward to seeing him.

I'm going for tea with my friend M tomorrow night. She too is a crafty girl and we want to plan our summer craft night. Tea and craft talk make me a happy girl. I also want to start my next knitting project, The Mini Sweater. I have some lovely purply-bluey Phildar yarn to use. Goodness, I need more time in my days. I bought some postcard card today so I can start on my postcard swap cards. I can't wait. If you love getting postcards, go check out PostcardX. I just joined, and have sent four cards so far. I can't wait to get something in my mail box.

Well, I hope the links will make up for the lack of pictures.

Button, thanks for commenting!

Love,

Kerry

1 Comments:

Anonymous frecklegirl said...

Your first two books are on my 'favorite books ever" list. :)

Oh, I wish I could read them for the first time again!

12:38 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home