Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Buttonhole Bags and Sweater Progress

When I awoke today at 4:30 a.m. (eek!) there were snowflakes flying around. Two days ago it was hot, and today it was -4 degrees. I had to put my winder coat on. It was sad. Although I was very happy to wear my ribby Rowan Chunky Print Scarf. I adore Calgary, but our weather is really odd, and it is not uncommon to wear tank tops in December and scarves in July. I guess it is better than the rainy West Coast. Wool and rain are not friends.

I have been noticing Buttonhole Bags all over knitting blogs of late and I think they are adorable. I love to felt things. I have made two Sophie Bags, a "bag inspired by Sophie" and a pair of Fibertrends Clogs for my mum for Christmas. (Funny story-I knit them from some handspun yarn a bought at a farmer's market last summer. Well, my mum bought me the same yarn, in the same colourway, at the same Market and put it in my stocking for Christmas). Oh, and I also made the French Market Bag. So, I'm thinking a Buttonhole Bag in needed in my knitted purse collection. I'm not sure what yarn to use. I love how the Lamb's Pride works, but have not been able to find any Lamb's Pride here in Calgary. I have some leftover Lopi from my French Market Bag that might work. Any ideas would be lovely.

I've been working away on my Minisweater. I'm currently in the middle of a long stretch of stocking stitch with a few increases thrown in here and there. The sweater is worked in one large piece which is currently 262 stitches wide. I'm on row 14 of 34 for this part of the sweater. I think it might be time for a new Audiobook on my little pink iPod. Or a few long movies.

What do you like to do while you knit?

Love,
Kerry

P.S. Go and take a look at Hilary's sewing bag. It gave me sweetness-induced butterflies.