Monday, March 21, 2005

Oh so lovely

I have always loved soft things, esspecially blankets. I have hopes of collecting dozens and dozens of them in every colour and wool blend I can find. These ones from Garnet Hill are very pretty, and they can be monogrammed! That photograph makes me want to sit outside, drink tea and read a good novel.

Speaking of blankets, I have been slowly collection Amy Butler fabrics for the past little while, with hopes of making a quilt. I haven't ever made a quilt before, but love to sew. It can't be that hard, can it? My Dad makes really lovely log furniture and I have been asking him to make me a blanket ladder for ages. If I sew my own quilt, I deserve a blanket ladder, right?

My favorite blanket is one that used to belong to my Irish Grandmother. It is a 100% Irish Lambswool, and is a soft dusty pink colour. It is quite thin, but really warm. I put it on my bed every fall and take it off once the weather warms up. I've had it since I was tiny. The blanket stitch edging is starting to unravel and should be repaired soon. I hope to pass it on to my own children someday.

love,
Kerry

2 Comments:

Blogger Carrieoke said...

I've heard so many good things about Amy Butler fabrics... her patterns are so pretty too!!

10:48 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kerry,

Did you ever get your dad to make that Blanket Ladder? If so how big is it? I have a friend who wants a blanket ladder for christmas and I'm trying to make one but am not sure on dimensions. Do you think you can email me about how wide and tall your ladder is? And how thick of logs your dad used? My email is nate.alwine@ge.com

Thanks so much!
Nate Alwine

8:13 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home